Go to the
The alt.atheism weekly Questions and Answers are
hereby presented for your perusal. Up to 15 answers were chosen for each question,
then I went crazy choosing the wallpaper for each question. Time consuming, yes,
but lots of fun, too. I hope you enjoy this website as much as I enjoyed putting it
Before I go any further, I'd like to thank my
excellent friend, Susan Osthaus, for her time and patience teaching me how to put
a website together. Without her help, this website would not exist. I'd also like
to thank some of the folks from alt.atheism for their assistance at times when I was
ready to pull my hair out, especially Fish, Maria, Lori and Rian. My thanks to you
Please sign the guestbook. Comments, criticism & suggestions are
- I don't believe in the supernatural - gods, devils, heaven, hell, creationism, astrology, life after death, etc., but I do believe in respecting the right of others to follow their own beliefs, as long as their beliefs don't harm me or others mentally or physically.
- I don't believe in proselytizing. If someone wants to learn about a religion or philosophy,
they should be free to seek such knowledge on their own.
- I believe in the Golden Rule in the form of the Wiccan Rede - 'An' it hurt no one, do
as you please.' - and that when the mystical and power-seeking aspects of nearly all religions
are removed, the Golden Rule is what is left.
- I believe that evolution is an ongoing process and that we are related to all living
things and responsible for their continuance.
- Like Confucius, I believe in studying the social affairs of humanity and searching history
for clues as to how to improve things.
- I believe that law should be ethical and protect and guide people and not enslave them.
- I believe in equal rights for men and women and that children are not possessions but
individuals with their own rights.
- I believe that people should be educated to the best of their ability.
- I believe that, if a job becomes obsolete, free training should be
available to prepare for a new job.
- I believe that free medical care should be available for everyone.
- I believe that a healthy, educated populace is the backbone of any society.
- I believe in freedom of thought for everyone.
- I believe in the sharing of ideas and knowledge.
- I believe in people working together peacefully to achieve common goals.
- I believe in honesty and truthfulness.
- I believe that when reason and creed conflict, creed should give way to reason.
- I believe that there is nothing evil in sex, as long as no one is hurt,
coerced or misled.
- I don't believe that there is such a thing as an 'unnatural' sexual
- I don't believe in the concept 'unnatural'. If something exists, it
is natural. This has nothing to do with good or bad.
- I believe in self-discipline.
- I don't believe in salvation through a deity but through the way you
live from day to day. This isn't a reward; it is a constant.
- I don't believe in divine inspiration, but do believe in being inspired
by admirable people.
- I believe that the 'neighbor' in 'Love thy neighbor" is the entire
- I believe in the right of the individual to control their own body, including abortion
and suicide in the case of endless, painful illness.
- I long for world peace and an end to bigotry, prejudice and ignorance.
- I believe that the future of humanity lies in humanity.